OneWed received a fabulous new makeover not only to its appearance, but a great new addition: Wedding Pre-Party. I have only begun to explore all that the new Wedding Pre-Party has to offer! Current and future brides have so much to look forward to in way of photo inspiration, tips and ideas shared amongst their wedding party.
This is such a great way to involve your friends and family and build excitement for your big day!
Get Started Today: Wedding Pre-Party
Official Press Release below:
ONEWED LAUNCHES WEDDINGPREPARTY.COM: THE MARRIAGE OF WEDDING PLANNING AND SOCIAL NETWORKING
Wedding Planning Website Introduces Social Networking Platform and Implements Facebook® Connect to Make Wedding Planning More Social
Chicago, IL (July 28, 2009) /PRNewswire/ — OneWed.com, the wedding planning website with the largest online directory of local wedding vendors, brings the fun and convenience of social networking to the wedding planning process with the newly launched Wedding Pre-Party. This social wedding planning site enables the wedding party and guests to socialize, share information, post photos and help the engaged couple plan their wedding in a private online forum created by the bride and groom. It’s a virtual way to start the celebration early and keep in contact, while building excitement before the big day.
As an added convenience, with Facebook Connect, Facebook users can quickly and easily authenticate into WeddingPreParty.com using their already established Facebook account. When Facebook users log in to WeddingPreParty.com, they are able to publish their actions back on Facebook, which enables them to share more information with their friends if they so choose.
“WeddingPreParty.com provides the perfect opportunity for brides, grooms and guests to stay connected from the engagement to the wedding and beyond. Weddings are a celebratory, social event – our philosophy is that the planning process should be just as fun and social as the event itself,” says Jennifer Napier, VP of Marketing for OneWed.com. “By utilizing an interactive wedding site, everyone involved in the wedding can communicate, share ideas and engage with each other online.”
The unique features of WeddingPreParty.com for the bride and groom include:
- Invite-only access to the bride and groom’s private, personalized wedding planning site. Privacy controls prevent the general public from viewing the content.
- Niche wedding planning social network where the wedding party and wedding guests chat with the bride and groom and offer wedding planning tips, advice, ideas, inspiration, styles of wedding dresses, photos and more, conveniently compiled and easily accessible in one virtual space.
- His & Hers status updates to share first-person feedback on the wedding planning process and playfully interact with participating guests. This blog-like platform essentially serves as an interactive online diary of wedding planning updated in real time.
- A personalized, interactive wedding checklist to help the bride and groom manage details with the option to add, subtract and edit tasks. Couples can also delegate items to other guests active on the site, who may be notified via email and Facebook updates.
- Access to the largest online directory of local and national wedding vendors, ratings and reviews directly from your personalized wedding planning social network.
- Photo albums of wedding pre-parties such as engagement showers, bachelor and bachelorette parties to which couples and guests can upload photos.
- Tools to build the bride and groom’s public wedding website, including customized pages to welcome guests, share photos, tell the engagement story, post event details, update travel information, link to the registry and include honeymoon notes.
The benefits of WeddingPreParty.com for the guests are:
- Ability to view photos and profiles of the other wedding guests in advance, creating a valuable opportunity to meet and mingle well before the ceremony and arrive at the wedding at ease, having virtually met other guests before the big day.
- Opportunity to send the bride and groom customized conversational messages through sharing of “tips,” “toasts” and “truths.”
- Facilitate simple group discussion, whether contributing bachelor/bachelorette party ideas or determining best options for wedding travel plans. Instead of creating long email chains, the wedding guests can use the bride and groom’s main page to communicate in a convenient shared forum.