Run. and if you can’t run, Walk. if you don’t like walking, Bike. if cycling is too boring for you, Row. Find what works for you and get off the couch!
You may ask … when are you going to find time to exercise when your calendar is already jam packed with meetings and friends/family and countless plans. I promise you that if you make time to exercise during the planning process you will feel like you have more time than ever and be re-energized to face each day with a positive outlook and excitement!
- Improves Endurance – Exercise will help improve the stamina of your body and allow it to use less energy for the same amount of work. Your heart doesn’t have to work as hard to do strenuous activities and you will be surprised at how much more energy you feel you have throughout the day.
- Improves Your Mood – Exercise triggers endorphins which make you feel happier and relaxed. Endorphins are your body’s natural pain and stress fighters. When you exercise and look better, your confidence will increase along with your self esteem. So next time wedding planning stresses you out go for a short 30 minute run/walk and instantly feel better!
- Controls Your Weight – Many brides I meet want to drop those last 5 excess pounds. Exercise is the way this is going to happen! While watching what you eat will play a huge role in weight management – physical activity will help you burn the extra calories. You can make the workouts fun by getting your fiance involved or your maid of honor! Take the stairs more often and use commercials to do sit ups or jumping jacks during your favorite shows.
- Gives You a Good Night’s Sleep – By exercising more often your body will drift into a deeper sleep and should fall asleep faster. Your body will work harder during the day with the work out and have a greater need to recoup when the night comes. Avoid workouts too close to bedtime, this will only stimulate your heart and brain and make it much more difficult to stay asleep.
- Better Sex – Yes, I said it! The spark will be added back into your sex life by exercising more frequently! You will be looking better and will be more comfortable and confident with your body. The feel good endorphins we mentioned earlier will help enhance your arousal. If none of the other reasons catch your eye – as newlyweds I know this one is on the top of your list!